luxury adventures in America's canyons & arches
Welcome to your tailor-made photography expedition across the stunning canyons, arches and rugged landscapes of the western states.
Some of the finest rock formations and desert vistas await, as you explore and photograph the region from Zion National Park, to Antelope Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Arches and Canyonlands - all with their unique structures and stories. This is a trip that will ensure you leave with memory cards full to the brim of amazing sights and adventures. Working directly with Paul, before, during and after your journey across this incredible part of America, you'll be treated to stunning locations, amazing experiences and down-to-earth photographic tuition which will ensure you capture both fine art prints that you'll be proud to display for all to see, as well as memories that will last a lifetime.
Staying in luxury accommodation in the heart of the action, we'll incorporate landscape, slot-canyon, wilderness and desert photography into your private photo workshop itinerary, delivering a portfolio of your own stunning images that will be truly unique and special to you.
- spectacular Mesa Arch at sunrise
- capture the light streams inside Antelope Canyon
- hike to Delicate Arch for astrophotography
- capture Horseshoe Bend at sunset
- photograph among the "hoodoos" of Bryce Canyon
- explore the stunning vistas within Zion National Park
- get up-close to the unique formations in Canyonlands
- Arches National Park
- Antelope Canyon
- Bryce Canyon
- Zion National Park
activity level & climate
- most locations are within a 30 minute walk from the car
- some up-close locations will require moderate hiking for up to 1 hour each way
- photographing certain locations will require a very early start and hiking in the dark
- slot canyon photography may not be suitable for anyone who suffers from claustrophobia
- depending on location, some routes may involve slow vertical ascents up to 600ft/200m
- summer climate: 70°F - 97°F / 21°C - 36°C
- winter climate: 23°F - 45°F / -5°C - 7°C
accommodation & transport
- top rated accommodation in the heart of each location
- high end boutique hotels throughout
- some locations will allow for night-shooting of the galaxy above
- climate-controlled luxury 4x4 SUV vehicles
- transport provided from start to finish of the workshop
- daily hotel breakfasts included
- on-location lunches at great local food hotspots
- top rated restaurants for dinner
- snacks and drinks provided throughout the day
- alcoholic beverages included with dinner
Learn from the best, with one-to-one photographic tuition and post-processing advice throughout, along with access to the latest equipment.
You’re in control of where you want to shoot, using Paul’s extensive local knowledge to deliver unique options and locations.
With no added-extras and luxury accommodation, you can concentrate on what you do best : taking great photographs.
ask us about booking
We'd love to hear from you and understand your plans.
With workshop destinations and budgets to suit all levels of photographer, we're sure there's something special we can design around your individual needs.
To get in touch, or make a booking, please feel free to email email@example.com or use the form here to send us a message:
our partnership with Phase One:
The ultimate in image quality, from the ultimate camera system - through our special partnership with Phase One's Digital Artist Series, you have the unique opportunity to shoot using the most advanced medium format camera system in the world.
For a small additional charge, participants will receive their own Phase One XF camera, ultra-high resolution medium format digital back and a selection of the latest lenses to make use of throughout the workshop - capturing incredible details in photographs which deliver world-leading resolution and image quality.
Alongside Paul, those taking advantage of the Phase One upgrade will be guided by technical experts and direct support from Phase One - with hints, tips and step-by-step assistance to get the best out of this amazing camera system.
Don't hesitate to get in touch about our luxury custom workshops - we're here to help at any time.
Many frequently asked questions are also answered on our dedicated FAQ page - click here to take a look.
All workshop bookings are subject to our standard booking terms and conditions, available to read here. If there are any other specific questions that have not been addressed, please feel free to email us directly at the studio.